The Benefits of Avena SativaDecember 12, 2017
The Benefits of Bee PollenDecember 26, 2017
Bacopa Monnieri otherwise known as Brahmi is an herb that is located in Southern India, Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, North America and South America.
This amazing herb has been utilized in ayurveda medicines in which it has been called Brahmi which is named after the Creator, God of the Hindu religion "Brahma". Bacopa Monnieri was found in texts back in the 6th century A.D of the following: Charaka Samhita, Susrut Samhita and Atharva-Veda. It was an herb that was taken to increase intellect and stimulate focus. This herb was taken by ancient vedic scholars to assist with memory towards scriptures and verses.
This herb acts as an adaptogen which helps the body to adapt towards new experiences. This plant has been commonly viewed as a decorative and flowering plant that accompany's aquariums. Bacopa Monnieri has been shown to assist with regulation of the dopamine production.
Benefits of Bacopa Monnieri?
- Stress Relieve - Based on studies it has been shown that Bacopa Monnieri works as a natural reliever of stress and assists the body to better handle experiences that would otherwise cause stress. A study shown on animals at the Central Drug Research Institute in India created an extract of Bacopa Monnieri and it assisted against acute and chronic stress. Specifically it caused a reduction of damaging stomach ulcers and adrenal activity. This study showed that Bacopa Monnieri defintely possesses a highly potent adaptogenic effect.
- Antioxidant - Bacopa Monnieri has been shown to have a very potent antioxidant and has an effect on the cells to protect it from outside influence.
- Supports Brain Functions - Bacopa Monnieri has been used for improving memorization and to assist against Alzheimer's Disease. A double blind 12 week study was performed at a laboratory at the School of Biophysical Science and Electrical Engineering in Austira. They had volunteers that took 300milligrams of bacopa each daily while other volunteers only received a placebo. The tests were then repeated 5 and 12 weeks after the study began. A huge improvement was shown among the volunteers within the bacopa group. The researchers then concluded that it did indeed improve a higher cognitive process that depend on the information from our experiences that handle memory and learning.
- Antidepressant - This amazing and beneficial plant has been studied and showed it reduced anxiety and depression. An Animal research paper was published by the University of Michigan and it concluded that indeed has a positive effect on our nervous system.
- Epilepsy - One trial that was performed in India found that when using an extract of bacopa it was able to reduce the rate at which the epileptic seizures were experienced within a small test group. There is no controlled research group at this time.
- ADHD - There is a compound called Bacosides that are within the bacopa monnieri which have been said to sharpen the cognitive function of the individual by improving transmission of nerve impulses. This translates into being a very promising treatment for ADHD. A study showed children who took 50milligrams twice a day significantly improved over children that only received a placebo.
- Antimicrobial - There is an alcoholic extract of bacopa that was shown to have antifungal activity verses the Candiida albicans and aspergillus niger mold.
- Longevity - Bacopa has been shown to prevent formation of malondialdehyde and lipofuscin which are signs of aging on the body.
- Anti - Inflammatory - Research has shown that Bacopa can be used for managing systemic redness within the brain that is caused by the body's autoimmune response.
- Heart Disease Prevention - Bacopa decreased the abnormal growth of hyperplasia within the human sephanous veins that are widely used when bypassing grafts. An extract was shown to dissolve clots within an experimental organism. Which is leading us to believe it is a promising thrombolytic agent.